Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an approach to supporting students to be successful in schools. PBIS supports all students through intervention ranging from a school-wide system to a system for developing individualized plans for specific students.
Examples of PBIS at Maya Lin School include:
- “Catch kids doing the right thing” through Wolf Tags
- Proactively teach our schoolwide expectations(Be Kind, Be Safe, Be Responsible, and Be An Ally) in all settings of the campus
- Explicitly teach social-emotional tools for self-regulation through the Toolbox Project curriculum
- Utilize a menu of interventions to support students when they do not meet expectations
- Examine our discipline data to create schoolwide and individualized plans